Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274
Washington Law Regarding Following Too Closely
A responsible driver knows the Washington law regarding following too closely. As a driver you should:
- Leave plenty of room between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- Have your vehicle in good working condition.
- Be alert and aware-you never know when the vehicle in front of you will have to come to a stop.
- Know and obey the rules of the road.
Doing these things could help you avoid one of the most common types of car accidents – a rear end collision.
The law requiring you to leave plenty of room between your vehicle and the one in front of you is as follows:
RCW 46.61.145: Following too closely.
(1) The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway.
(2) The driver of any motor truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle when traveling upon a roadway outside of a business or residence district and which is following another motor truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle shall, whenever conditions permit, leave sufficient space so that an overtaking vehicle may enter and occupy such space without danger, except that this shall not prevent a motor truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle from overtaking and passing any like vehicle or other vehicle.
(3) Motor vehicles being driven upon any roadway outside of a business or residence district in a caravan or motorcade whether or not towing other vehicles shall be so operated as to allow sufficient space between each such vehicle or combination of vehicles so as to enable any other vehicle to enter and occupy such space without danger. This provision shall not apply to funeral processions.
Car Accident Attorney Tri-Cities, WA
When you’ve been injured in a car accident you need an attorney on your side. Contact the law office of personal injury attorney Mat Parke to speak to an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Tri-Cities are here to help. Call for your free consultation today at 509-582-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Kennewick, Washington The legal dog bite laws for Kennewick, Washington is as follows. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes to the laws: (https://library.municode.com/wa/kennewick/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT8ANCO_CH8.02ANCO Chapter 8.02 – Animal Control) Definition of Terms Abandon means the knowing or reckless desertion…Read More
Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274 Washington State Dog Bite Statute Can the victim of a dog bite sue the dog owner in the state of Washington? Know the personal injury liability rules and defenses regarding dog bites in the dog bite statute for the state of Washington below. Washington State Dog Bite Statute…Read More
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.
8905 W Gage Blvd, #200
Kennewick, WA 99336