Warmer weather leads to more motorcycle accidents often times in the Tri-Cities area. Washington State Department of Transportation and the attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm would like to remind drivers to stay aware of motorcyclists. It is a risk to get behind the wheel of a car. It is an even greater risk to get behind the handlebars of a motorcycle. Why? In the event of a motorcycle accident, there is far less protection to keep you safe. Motorcycles are also much smaller than cars which makes it more difficult for other drivers to see you. Avoid a motorcycle accident by being more aware of what is around you and take an extra second to look again before changing lanes; doing so, could save a life.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety estimated per mile traveled in 2015, the number of fatal motorcycle accidents was close to 29 times the number of fatal car accidents.
- In 2016, 4,976 people died in a motorcycle crash.
- Good news is motorcycle deaths have been decreasing since the early 1980s. However, motorcycle accident fatalities began to rise again in 1998 and have continued to increase in numbers through 2008.
- Fatal motorcycle accident account for 13 percent of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in 2016. Motorcycle accident deaths doubled in 2016 compared to the number of motorcycle deaths in 1997.
- Forty percent of motorcycle accident fatalities in 2016 occurred in a single-vehicle crash.
- Sixty percent of motorcycle accident deaths in 2016 occurred in multiple-vehicle crashes.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Tri-Cities
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. Our trusted and aggressive lawyers will fight for every penny you are owed. Let us help you deal with the insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a motorcycle accident. No attorney fees will be collected until we settle. Call our Tri-Cities law office now for a free consultation to discuss your case with an attorney.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274
Tri-Cities Personal Injury Attorney
Kennewick Personal Injury Attorney
Pasco Injury Attorney
Richland Personal Injury Attorney
Semi Truck Accidents
Dog Bite Injuries
Slip and Fall Accidents
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram