Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274
Roadway Construction Zones
In roadway construction zones you must:
- Obey all of the rules of the road
- Comply with direction from roadway workers and flaggers
- Obey speed restrictions
Failure to do so will result in consequences you will be responsible for which may include paying a fine twice the typical fine for similar conduct in a non-construction zone, or if you are found to be driving recklessly you may receive a suspension of your license or be subject to a gross misdemeanor charge. The consequences you face will depend on your conduct. You can avoid such consequences by obeying the rules of the road.
The rule of the road regarding roadway construction zone is as follows:
RCW 46.61.527: Roadway construction zones.
(1) The secretary of transportation shall adopt standards and specifications for the use of traffic control devices in roadway construction zones on state highways. A roadway construction zone is an area where construction, repair, or maintenance work is being conducted by public employees or private contractors, on or adjacent to any public roadway. For the purpose of the pilot program referenced in section 218(2), chapter 470, Laws of 2009, during the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium, a roadway construction zone includes areas where public employees or private contractors are not present but where a driving condition exists that would make it unsafe to drive at higher speeds, such as, when the department is redirecting or realigning lanes on or adjacent to any public roadway pursuant to ongoing construction.
(2) No person may drive a vehicle in a roadway construction zone at a speed greater than that allowed by traffic control devices.
(3) A person found to have committed any infraction relating to speed restrictions in a roadway construction zone shall be assessed a monetary penalty equal to twice the penalty assessed under RCW 46.63.110. This penalty may not be waived, reduced, or suspended.
(4) A person who drives a vehicle in a roadway construction zone in such a manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger any persons or property, or who removes, evades, or intentionally strikes a traffic safety or control device is guilty of reckless endangerment of roadway workers. A violation of this subsection is a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.
(5) The department shall suspend for sixty days the license or permit to drive or a nonresident driving privilege of a person convicted of reckless endangerment of roadway workers.
Personal Injury Attorney – Kennewick, WA
If you have been injured in a car accident, truck accident or any other personal injury accident due to the negligence of another then you should call Parke Gordon Law Firm today for a free consultation. The knowledgeable and experienced attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm believe that everyone deserves to have representation, not just the big insurance corporations. Call 509-582-7274 for a free case consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Kennewick, Washington The legal dog bite laws for Kennewick, Washington is as follows. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes to the laws: (https://library.municode.com/wa/kennewick/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT8ANCO_CH8.02ANCO Chapter 8.02 – Animal Control) Definition of Terms Abandon means the knowing or reckless desertion…Read More
Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274 Washington State Dog Bite Statute Can the victim of a dog bite sue the dog owner in the state of Washington? Know the personal injury liability rules and defenses regarding dog bites in the dog bite statute for the state of Washington below. Washington State Dog Bite Statute…Read More
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.
8905 W Gage Blvd, #200
Kennewick, WA 99336