Transporting Hazardous Material with a Hazardous Materials EndorsementAny driver transporting hazardous material must have received their commercial driver license with the hazardous materials endorsement. This endorsement is nontransferable to other persons and if revoked, the driver may not continue to drive hazardous material.

To receive the endorsement, the driver is required to pass a Hazardous Material knowledge test, have their commercial driving license, as well as pass a background check through the Transportation Security Administration per 49 CFR 383.5. (See Washington State Department of Licensing Commercial Driver Guide for more information). Additional requirements can be found out by contacting your local DMV.  Also, any vehicle containing hazardous materials must have the required placard providing what they are carrying, more information can be found in 42 CFR 73.

The strict requirements to obtain a Hazardous Materials endorsements helps ensure that those who transport hazardous materials are trained and do not pose a threat to the safety of the public.

If there has been an accident with a commercial driver involving hazardous materials the police should be called as well as the:

  • Hazardous Material National Response Center (NRC) Telephone: 1-(800) 424-8802 To report a hazardous material emergency
  • Chemical Transportation Emergency Center (CHEMTREC) Telephone: 1-(800) 424-9300 For technical information about the physical properties of hazardous materials

Parke Gordon Personal Injury Attorneys – Tri-Cities, WA

Personal injury litigation is complex. If you have a claim for a personal injury, then you need an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Tri-Cities on your side.  Call Parke Gordon Law Firm today to speak with a personal injury attorney for free during a free case review to get started on your personal injury case.

Washington law regarding the Hazardous Materials Endorsement is as follows:

RCW 46.25.085: Hazardous Materials Endorsement

(1) The department may not issue, renew, upgrade, or transfer a hazardous materials endorsement for a commercial driver’s license to any individual authorizing that individual to operate a commercial motor vehicle transporting a hazardous material in commerce unless the federal transportation security administration has determined that the individual does not pose a security risk warranting denial of the endorsement.

(2) An individual who is prohibited from holding a commercial driver’s license with a hazardous materials endorsement under 49 C.F.R. 1572.5 must surrender any hazardous materials endorsement in his or her possession to the department.

Free Consultation

You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]

Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office

Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now. Parke Gordon LLC 8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274

Parke Gordon

Practice Areas

Tri-Cities Personal Injury Attorney
Kennewick Personal Injury Attorney
Pasco Injury Attorney
Richland Personal Injury Attorney
Semi Truck Accidents
Motorcycle Accidents
Wrongful Death
Dog Bite Injuries
Slip and Fall Accidents
Bicycle Accidents
Site Map

Connect With Us

Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram