A fatal pedestrian vs. car accident near Tri-Cities occurred last week according to a report from Washington State Police. A man from Union Gap was reportedly attempting to cross State Route 22 approximately 10 miles west of Mabton. The car accident occurred when a car heading eastbound struck the man trying to cross. Washington State Police said the man that was hit died at the scene of the accident. Troopers are still investing the car accident.
Pedestrian Safety Tips
How do you cross the road safety? This is a question often overlooked that could sometimes be fatal. In 2013, nearly 5,000 pedestrians were killed and an estimated 66,000 were injured according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Here are some tips to keep you safe as a pedestrian.
- Think before you cross. Plan crossing at a place with a crosswalk with the most visibility. If you are walking at night, wear visible clothing and cross at a place where you can clearly see traffic and drivers can see you.
- Make a complete stop before you cross. Stand away from the edge of the curb but close enough that you can clearly see traffic. Don’t rush. Take a good look around and give yourself enough time to cross.
- Look all around and listen for traffic.
- Patiently wait for traffic to clear. If you are hesitant, do not cross. Only cross when there is a safe gap and you have enough time to cross.
- Watch and listen while you are crossing. Continue to look both ways and listen for vehicles approaching while crossing.
To summarize, stop, look and listen.
Personal Injury Attorney in Kennewick
Being involved in a car accident can be overwhelming. The pressure from insurance companies are often daunting for our clients. Call the professional and experienced personal injury attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your car accident case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let us help you deal with the insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a car accident. We’ll fight to get you every penny you deserve. No attorney fees will be collected until your case is settled. Call our Tri-Cities office in Kennewick today for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274
Tri-Cities Personal Injury Attorney
Kennewick Personal Injury Attorney
Pasco Injury Attorney
Richland Personal Injury Attorney
Semi Truck Accidents
Dog Bite Injuries
Slip and Fall Accidents
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram