- Do not speak to the insurance company about your case or sign any documents.
- See a doctor to receive proper medical treatment and make sure all injuries are documented.
- Collect paperwork and documents that will help your attorney with your personal injury case.
By doing these three things before talking with an injury lawyer, your case will hopefully go more smoothly and sooner. That means you’ll receive a better settlement, faster.
Avoid Speaking to the Insurance Company
Often times after an accident, the insurance company of the other party will attempt to contact you to receive a written statement. DO NOT give it to them. Simply tell them they can contact your attorney. Insurance companies are trained to twist your words in order to make you settle for less. Moreover, do not sign any documents that the insurance company requests you to sign without first speaking to your attorney. It is best to save yourself the hassle and simply let your personal injury attorney handle all conversations with the insurance company.
To be safe, only speak with your attorney about your accident. This will increase your chances of receiving the most compensation possible.
Visit a Doctor to Evaluate Injuries
After an accident, we recommend seeing a medical professional to be properly diagnosed. Even if you do not feel injured, it is best to get checked out. Many times patients do not feel the pain from an accident related injury until weeks later. By waiting to be seen by a medical professional it makes it easy for the insurance company to blame the injury on something that happened after the accident. This can greatly harm your case. The insurance company can deny your claim or argue that injuries were caused by a different accident.
Gather Crucial Evidence
While still at the accident scene, there are things you can do to gather evidence that can impact your case.
- A police report. Call the police after an accident so an officer can create a police report and properly document the accident.
- Photos of the accident. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the cars and any injuries you sustained.
- Talk to witnesses. Gather the contact information (name and phone number) of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Medical records. After being seen by a medical professional, request copies of any medical records to give to your attorney. This can save you and your attorney time later.
Hire a Personal Injury Attorney from Parke Gordon Law Firm in Tri-Cities
After an accident, we understand the difficulties and stresses you may be facing. In fact, if you are not able to come to meet at our law office, our attorney will come to you. Do not hesitate to call the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm to discuss your case during a free consultation. Call our Tri-Cities law office today at (509) 582-7274. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Let us help you beat Goliath!
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274
Tri-Cities Personal Injury Attorney
Kennewick Personal Injury Attorney
Pasco Injury Attorney
Richland Personal Injury Attorney
Semi Truck Accidents
Dog Bite Injuries
Slip and Fall Accidents
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram